A Better Way To Fix Health Care
In a Confident America, everyone has access to quality, affordable health care.
Obamacare is making health care worse by the day. It drives up premiums and deductible costs for individuals, families, and businesses. It forces people off the plans they like. It fuels waste, fraud, and abuse. And it cannot be fixed. Its knot of regulations, taxes, and mandates cannot be untangled.
Obamacare must be fully repealed so we can start over and take a new approach.
48 = The number of ideas on health care reform in the GOP plan.
$3,775 = Average premium increase for job-based coverage.
37 = Number of times President Obama said Americans could keep their health care plan if they liked it.
$1.058 trillion = Dollars of tax hikes under Obamacare.
2 million = Number of jobs expected to vanish by 2025 due to Obamacare penalties.
500 = The number of the 10,000 known diseases that have treatments. Our plan accelerates development and delivery of cutting-edge cures and treatments.
1. Repeal Obamacare.
2. Provide all Americans with more choices, lower costs, and greater flexibility.
3. Protect our nation’s most vulnerable.
4. Spur innovation in health care.
5. Allow purchasing coverage across state lines.
6. Expand opportunities for pooling.
7. Preserve employee wellness programs.
8. Protect employers flexibility for self-insurance.
9. Expand choice through consumer-directed health care.
10. Make coverage portable.
11. Preserve employer sponsored health insurance.
12. Address competition in insurance markets.
13. Medical liability reform.
14. Coverage protections.
15. Pre-existing condition protections.
16. Practical reforms.
17. Continuous coverage protections.
18. Fair premiums.
19. State innovation grants.
20. High-risk pools.
21. One-time, safe harbor open enrollment period.
22. Protect life.
23. Conscious protections.
24. Insure taxpayer dollars are not used to end life.
25. Empower states and increasing flexibility.
26. Promote innovation in health care.
27. 21st Century Cures.
28. Electronic health records.
29. Protect and preserve Medicare.
30. Immediate relief from Obamacare’s raid on Medicare.
31. Strengthen Medicare Advantage.
32. Repeal the benchmark cap.
33. Limit the administration’s ability to arbitrarily cut Medicare Advantage.
34. Open enrollment period.
35. Repeal of the Independent Payment Advisory Board.
36. Repeal of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation.
37. Repeal of the ban on physician-owned hospitals.
38. Repeal of the Bay State Boondoggle.
39. Repeal of the disproportionate share hospital cuts.
40. Medicare Advantage value-based insurance design.
41. Medigap reform.
42. Combining Medicare Parts A and B.
43. Protecting the patient-doctor relationship.
44. Uncompensated care reform.
45. Medicare Compare.
46. Match the Social security retirement age.
47. Reforming Medicaid with a block grant.