By Megan Hemple — Corsicana Daily Sun
December 12, 2019
Filing for candidacy in the March 2020 primary election concluded Monday evening, December 9.
Several Republicans have filed for local office, with contested races for the positions of Navarro County Sheriff, District Attorney, County Commissioner Precinct 3, and Constable Precinct 2.
Democrat Robert Vick will challenge incumbent Republican Brian Birdwell, State Senator, District 22.
Libertarian Melanie Black filed for U.S. Representative, District 6 against incumbent Republican Ron Wright.
Libertarian Ed Adams will challenge incumbent Republican Cody Harris for State Representative, District 8.
The following Republican candidates have filed for local elected positions:
- Elmer Tanner and David Foreman – Navarro County Sheriff
- William “Will” Dixon and Will Thompson – District Attorney
- Eddie Moore and Kevin Matthews – County Commissioner Precinct 3
- Roy Ivey and Charles Paul – Constable Precinct 2
- James Lagomarsino – District Judge
- Mike Dowd – Navarro County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Amanda D. Putman – County Court at Law Judge
- Jason Grant – County Commissioner Precinct 1
- Mike Davis – Constable Precinct 1
- Bobby Rachel – Constable Precinct 3
- Kipp Thomas – Constable Precinct 4
- Eric Ryan Meyers – County Chair
- Don Parks – Precinct Chair 103
- James Sinclair – Precinct Chair 104
- Larry Bailey – Precinct Chair 107
- Kim Cobb – Precinct Chair 109
- Ralph Gonzalez – Precinct Chair 200
- Betty C. Partain – Precinct Chair 203
- Bob Buthod – Precinct Chair 205
- Teri Bates – Precinct Chair 206
- Steven Jessup – Precinct Chair 300
- Chuck Raines – Precinct Chair 303
- Liz Smith – Precinct Chair 305
- Barbara Wilson – Precinct Chair 307
- Bill Carson – Precinct Chair 308
- Linda S. Gober – Precinct Chair 401
- Patrick Patterson – Precinct Chair 402
- Robert G. Vickery – Precinct Chair 404
- Bobby Wade – Precinct Chair 405
- Jennifer Burleson – Precinct Chair 406
The order of candidate names for the March 3, 2020 Primary Election Ballot will be drawn on Thursday December 19 at 6:30 pm at Republican Headquarters, 111-B West Third Avenue in downtown Corsicana.
While no Democratic candidates filed for local office, the party did see a record turnout of candidates for its precinct chairs.
Filing for write-in candidates is July 18 through August 17, 2020. Navarro County Judge H.M. Davenport serves as the filing authority for independent and write-in candidates.